Monday, January 18, 2010

Like a cho lo side to side, elbows up up side to side

I guess I'll retell my experience at Portfolio Day?

Well, basically:

First, I went to one of the PNCA peeps, Melissa. She was pretty chill, and gave good feedback on my stuff. Mostly she commented on the quality of paper and that I should have a looooooot more observation pieces. I have a feeling I'll end up talking to her in the future. :D

I have NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING THROUGH MY THICK SKULL when I decided to wait an hour in line for CalArts, but I did. I had no one to hang out with.... it was boring, but I pulled through. I have no intention of going here... but I still got interesting feedback. Mostly she wanted less of the puppet people and more of the crazy character drawings from my head- some background for those would also be nice. She also commented on the paper thing, and that I need to do a loooooooooooot more observational people drawings. *hint hint*, cartoons were not proportional. So, I'll have to work on that...

Lastly, I went to the OCAC, which for future colleges seems most promising. She mostly said the same things about my crazy folklore character drawings- that I need more of those and good background. She also said that I need a loooooooooot more observational drawings. I know what I'll be doing this year.

I think next year I'll add in some photoshop/logo stuff as well. Get some fancy pantsy paper. :)

Peace, folks.

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs50/300W/i/2009/266/c/2/Scary_Fun_by_SwiftDragonfly.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment